Coming Up On Last Quarter
I have a moon phase app; that's how I know which sign the moon is in. Originally, I used moon signs for gardening. I have slowly started applying other things to the path of the moon as it travels across the sky. I also have a calendar with astrological information. The moon just left Pisces. Tomorrow, according to my calendar, the moon enters Aries. According to the app, the moon is already in Aries. I don't think the two track void of course in the same way.
Whatever the sign, I am feeling very out of sorts. For the last two days, I have ached all over, which I thought was from the humidity being so damn high. But this morning I started displaying some long covid symptoms, even though I haven't had covid 19 in a while. IDK what's going on. But I can tell you that it is really hard to keep my sugar in range during times like this. Exercise is the key to me staying in range. However, aching everywhere means I don't want to move. I have been moving anyway. It's not long before I regret it.
I found a shop I really like on Etsy. She puts her logo on every single picture. This is great when someone finds her work on Pinterest, like I did. But once in the shop, every single listing looks exactly the same. This makes it hard to determine what kind of items are for sale.
I decided to make a fabric version of my logo. I had some fabric printed for the purpose of adding labels to my quilts. I have embroidered one of the prints. I am going to frame this for shop use. I will include the logo in at least one picture of my listing, but not every one. I don't really like the idea of all the pictures being the same. I noticed she also limits her colors. I suppose that is part of her 'brand' but it tends to look boring.
I have been questioning all morning how my shop should look. I have had the intention of redoing my listings for a while now, but I think finding the other shop was the push I needed. I liked what I found, but I didn't like the shop itself. If anyone visits my shop, I hope they are happy to be there, rather than disappointed by what they found. That happens to me at craft fairs. I will see something from afar, but when I get closer to the booth, I see that either they only have one cool thing, or that it wasn't what I thought.
I have also started questioning my kitchen hutch. My husband buys more bread than we can eat. It usually goes moldy before the week is out. I have been freezing bread to make it last longer, but my husband claims frozen bread is soggy when thawed. It is frustrating to be defeated at every turn. We have a bread machine. I started thinking maybe if I made bread often, he wouldn't buy so much of it. I set up a bread station on the hutch. Then I started wondering what else should be on the hutch. I think my cookbooks should stay. And the bread, of course. At one point, the hutch was my altar. It hasn't been for a while, but the hutch still has a heart of the home type of feeling. And I am a Kitchen Witch.
I guess my stove is the heart of the home, since it's in roughly the center of the house. I have been thinking a lot about food, what's healthy, and is there an easier way to prep food so that I don't spend such a long block of time standing at the stove during intensely hot summers. I don't have any answers yet.
I have been cleaning all morning. This doesn't seem to be making the house smell any better. I believe have have some stagnant energy lurking. I might not want to change everything if the energy was flowing properly. Or maybe that's a long covid symptom. I remember being very depressed during the pandemic. And I was depressed several times in the years after, but I thought the depression was part of menopause. Maybe it wasn't.
If the moon is still in Pisces, it's a good time to reflect on dreams so I can figure out how daily life will get me closer to goals. And if the moon is in Aries, it's a good time to start a new.
Blessed be, my dears. Stay safe and well.
Comments
Post a Comment