Fuck Me Running Updates

 On Friday, my husband got the virus that I had two weeks ago, so I have been home all weekend, other than Sunday morning when I took my daughter to spend her gift card. She has developed a niche interest in the Victorian era. She found a Pride & Prejudice coloring book. And a plague doctor plushie. Since I barely left the house, I haven't been to my mother's since I emptied her trash. I do not know what fresh hell awaits. 

While I was in the hospital, my mother-in-law texted me, asking if I had a UTI. This confused me. I didn't know why she would think that. I told her no. But that wasn't the end. She insisted that I had a UTI; the symptoms weren't presenting normally. I thought it was a ridiculous thing to argue about, especially when I hadn't mentioned any such thing. I asked her to please stop stressing me because I had enough problems at the moment. 

Her passive aggressive response was that she would stop talking altogether. I texted back, That would be great!

Later, I texted that I was in a top hospital, and they had tested blood and urine multiple times. They were looking for what was wrong with me, and if I had an infection, some smart lab tech or sharp eyed nurse would have found it already. 

She did not reply.

I told my husband about the text. He said his mother had had a UTI for years before anyone listened to her and treated it. He said she was worried about me. I pointed out that worry should be an inquiry, and if the answer is no, stop worrying. He agreed. I thought that was the end of it. 

But, or course, it was not. The next time his mother was around, he asked me to apologize for being mean. I said if she brought it up, we could talk. I felt annoyed. He always asks me to apologize because he KNOWS his family will never admit any fault. I don't think I should always be the one to give in. Mother-in-law didn't say shit to me, so nothing was discussed. 

And I still don't think that was the end of it. I think she's been whining to him, because my husband keeps grumbling about people who can't admit fault. 

I think my mother-in-law should find her words. I think she should address this issue with me directly because my husband can't control me. I wish she would realize this was over weeks ago, let it go. But this will probably play out yet again at Thanksgiving, or the next time anyone in my house is sick. 

The next update is the tiny house. Several months ago, Youngest Son decided he wanted his own house, but he couldn't afford rent/mortgage. He bought a repo shed. Supposedly, he paid over half in cash and has been making monthly payments. It took a long time for the shed to be delivered. I nagged him for weeks to find a location. Then I told him to start clearing the site. He did nothing. Finally, the shed people said if he didn't have a place to put it in a week, they would refund his money. He discovered every site he had in mind had a major problem which made it unsuitable. My husband finally selected a spot. Then we had to nag Youngest Son to take down an old chicken pen. Then it poured rain, so the delivery date was changed to a Monday. 

On that day, the idiot driver couldn't find our house, so they were going to wait until the next day. Youngest Son was on the phone with the shed people when he told me this. I lost my shit. Goddamn it, I will give you directions, you absolute doorknob. I started screaming about it's not hard to find the place, and suddenly the owner knew exactly where we live. The shed arrived 25 minutes later.

My husband came home. Apparently I am intimidating, and he had to reassure the men. The shed was delivered, set up, and levelled. 

Youngest Son has done nothing with it. For months? it has sat empty, other than I occasionally find something that belongs to my son, so I put it inside the shed. He has not insulated it, ran wiring or plumbing, nor has he designed a bathroom or bought a stove. 

I have a studio. My studio has been used as storage. It's a mess. I can't work in there. I keep trying to clean, but I become overwhelmed because I have no room. I really need to take things out in order to make any kind of progress. But there's no room. 

I'm thinking of turning the tiny house into a store. I have been thinking about that anyway, but every time I say I want to do it, my husband shoots down the idea. He has also shot down ideas about traveling to craft fairs. First I needed a tent, then I needed a trailer, then I needed a box truck. I have decided not to mention my latest idea. I'm just going to make a sign announcing I have art for sale. Maybe while all my product is out of the studio, I can move some stuff around and get my studio back. 

I figure as soon as my sign goes up, or as soon as my in-laws notice an increase in traffic, someone will tell my son that I have taken his house away. Then he will get mad. I'll take all my stuff out. He will rant and rave. Then he will sit on his lazy ass playing video games, doing nothing. Next, his girlfriend won't live here because she wants a real house. Then he will move states away and one of his brothers will want the shed, but we will have to move it. 

Lovely shade of orange. The garden looks nice.

This is Doc Holliday, Garden Guardian. I ask for his help when I feel stuck with people. I've been talking to Doc a lot lately.

The other big project is the library. I am using this hutch as an indoor greenhouse because my cat is a chaos contributor. I have to spray my indoor plants with bitter spray. I would like to start some pepper seeds indoors, but I don't want to spray food with bitter spray. Please note that the spray doesn't stop the cat from biting the plants; it slows him down. Instead of eating the plant, he will bite it once to see if it is still bitter. Sometimes he knocks the plant over. Which is why the plants need to be secured. I need to finish painting the hutch. And I think it needs to move.

I'd like to put the hutch in this corner so it gets window light, but the bookcases are very full. Of course, the books should be out of sunlight to prevent fading. I didn't think this though when I set up my library. I love my library. When I went in to take these photographs, I discovered one of our pets had shit on the rug. This pissed me off. Now I have to clean the rug. If I'm going to take the rug out, I might as well start moving things. I'm just worried about what else I might find. I haven't been in the library much. Another landmine could be hiding. 

I probably haven't covered everything. But I have been typing for a while, and I'm getting tired. I guess I will write more later. Blessed be, my dears. Stay safe and well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Moon Post

Fuck Me Running

The Witches & Majick Series Spring Edition Day 2