Here We Go Again
This post will probably overlap with previous posts because an awful lot has happened and I am having trouble remembering it all, let alone which order events occurred.
Things seemed to be going well. I swapped Mom's house key. She stayed home. Until Thursday.
Thursday was stressful anyway. All of my husband's cars have major repair issues. He took my truck to work because he needed to take the company golf cart to the repair shop. Thus I had no ride.
A deputy called me because my mother was in a ditch. Then he put the EMT on the phone.
The EMT said she may have hit her head. He asked about her confusion level. EMT said she had to go somewhere. I said take her to the hospital. I thought that was the best way to get a dementia diagnosis.
And then I called my husband. Who didn't really want to come home.
Next my mother-in-law called. I didn't want her involved. I thought she would try to take over.
Then my husband called me back. He insisted his mother could take me to the hospital. I said no. I would wait for him. We argued about whether or not he should come straight home, or drop off the work golf cart.
After he got home, I drove to my mother's house. Her purse was not in the house, meaning she planned to be gone.
I looked at the ditch. There were no slide marks. No disturbed dirt. No broken grass or stems. No indication that anyone fell.
I went to the hospital. I forgot I had my gun in my purse, so security wouldn't let me inside. While I was trying to figure out if I should go get the car, a nurse pushed my mother out in a wheelchair.
All labs were normal. There was zero mention of dementia. I did not get to talk to anyone who had treated her.
I took her home. She said she was going to bed. I brought the trash can back to house, then got in my car to leave.
My mother was standing in front of the ditch.
I took her back inside.
The next day, I brought her to my house. I turned on the TV. She mostly stayed on the couch.
Saturday, I planned to do the same thing, but my husband left in my car. Then it started raining. Then my husband came home and said it wasn't raining hard, and since all the dogs were in the house, it was the perfect time to move the dog pen.
That was a whole long ordeal. My back ached both from the rain and from carrying chain link panels. I was drenched. I was covered in mud. I took a shower, poured a generous glass of bourbon, and didn't go anywhere.
Sunday, I planned to bring my mother to my house again. But one of my sons brought his children. I didn't want my mother around my grandchildren because she is mean to them. I went to her house. I spent several hours cleaning the kitchen. I washed lots of dishes. I threw some dishes out because they smelled so bad. I managed to clean off one counter. Then I filled it with dirty dishes again because I cleaned off the dining room table.
I need to go back, so I can do a few more rounds of dishes. Her new caregiver is coming Wednesday. I need to dispose of all the rotting food before then. I also need to wash her clothes, and sort through the piles of books and papers scattered all over the house.
I have learned that I can't make the kitchen too clean, because then my mother pulls out all the groceries to fill the empty countertops. I can't bring a week's worth of food because all of it will be left out the next day. Same thing with clean laundry- she will pull out everything to see what's available, then she puts an outfit in the bathroom. Which she immediately forgets, so she will lay clothes on the bed. She will decide that's too hot to wear, so she'll take another outfit to the bathroom. It goes on and on.
At my house, my husband managed to set our security cameras back up last night. This is great. Now I know if anyone comes in the yard. I feel so much safer knowing I can see the yard at any time, whether I am home or not. My husband put up more cameras, so now I can see around my most of my house. No camera on the garden or the pool. We are planning to set up cameras at my mother's house next. Although, I'm not sure how much this will save. I will still have to go get her. The difference will be possibly I can get her before the neighbors call the cops. But that doesn't mean she will be agreeable to getting in the car, and it doesn't stop her from insulting me.
I started doing mirror work. This was going well until the weekend.
I remade one of my protection spells on my daughter. I did a sewing spell on problematic family members. One of my mother's cousins started cyberstalking me. When they couldn't find out anything that way, they called someone close to me to ask how much money my mother had. That seriously pissed me off. I blasted them on Facebook. I didn't name names. This is driving my in-laws mad with curiosity. They have been inventing reasons to call me. They too have started wondering how much my mother is worth, so they have been quizzing my sons for details. I have told the boys almost nothing. Everyone is still speculating.
Mabon is tomorrow. I don't know what my harvest will be. I had some business ideas, but due to my mother's dementia, I haven't been able to do any of them.
I'm sure there's more, but I'm tired and ready to shower. Blessed be, my dears.
Comments
Post a Comment