Purchases

 


My husband likes to say stores put out Christmas stuff too early. He claims Baby Jesus will be staring down the Grim Reaper. That has actually happened. I went to Dollar General. Of course, I will always look at Halloween decorations. I found the spiders. I needed them for my poison tree project. Half of one side of the aisle was candy, then fall decorations. The other side of the aisle was all Halloween- skeletons, masks, make-up, ghosts, spiders, etc. Then I went down the next aisle, which was mostly empty- except for the Christmas ornaments. That's where I found the angel. I'm going to use her for a protection spell. 

Today is the first day of my mother having a caregiver. She will be with my mom four hours. It seemed to be going well. Or, at least Mom wasn't yelling at her. I do not know what tomorrow will bring. As far as I know, Mom hasn't wandered off since last week. Yesterday, I watched my mother check the mail. Once she closed the mailbox, she stared at the ditch for a while, like she intended to go into it. I thought I needed to redirect her, but she finally turned around and headed back. 

I was told to put black mats at the doors, because it looks like a deep shadow or a hole, and dementia patients don't want to step on it. I realized that my Mom has three black door mats, two outside each door and one inside at the backdoor. This is obviously not slowing her down. 

I decided for the rest of September, I will have the caregiver come once a week. In October, I will have them come twice a week. I imagine at some point this will become daily, if not full time care. She may go into a nursing home. Which is fine. I think I need to do what is best for my own sanity. 

I haven't done any sewing today. I haven't had time. I feel like I'm slowly wading through rapid-moving, muddy water. I'm not making much progress. Getting my mother to do anything is an ordeal. That's why I don't take her anywhere unless I have to. I've had one stress headache today, and things weren't even stressful. 

That's all for now. Blessed be, my dears. Stay safe and well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Moon Post

Fuck Me Running

The Witches & Majick Series Spring Edition Day 2